The MN Rush Recreational Program is coached by volunteer coaches looking to positively impact a child’s life. The rec program will have roughly 1500 players per season, and we are only able to service these players with volunteer coaches.
The club will provide Age-appropriate manuals and lesson plans ; in addition, there is ongoing support for all grades from the MN Rush Directors of Coaching. No formal education is required, but it is recommended. We encourage current MN Rush players, non-parents and parents of players to become involved in this program. This is a volunteer position. Total time commitment varies based on the grade you are coaching.
This program meets three times per week for a total of seven weeks. This includes two practice nights per week, and a game on Saturday. The Spring Rec season takes place in the months of April, May and June. The program generally starts the week after the Rochester School District’s spring break, and the last game is typically the weekend that the Rochester School District breaks for summer. The Fall Rec season takes place in the months of September and October. The program generally starts the week after Labor Day and the last game is typically the weekend before the Rochester School District MEA break.
8-Week Lesson Plans
Steps to Become a Coach
– If you would like to volunteer as a Rec coach, please email
Rochester: Paul Keller-
Albert Lea: Leo Barbosa email@example.com
Winona: MaryKate Franklin- firstname.lastname@example.org
– Complete the annual background check- background checks are good for one calendar year- 1/1 – 12/31 Please click here
– Complete a safesport and concussion training.
– Safesport certificates are good for 2 years, however, you need to complete the annual retest- click here
The safesport code is – YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
– Concussion certificates are good for 3 years- click here
– If you are unsure if you need a new certificate, please contact Neil Cassidy at email@example.com